Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Poopoo's hurt bottom!

IMG_0091.JPG.jpg

Callie got an impacted anal gland. Apparently it's somewhat typical for dachshunds. I had never heard of it before and freaked out. It looked like a tumor, but all swollen and veiny.

I wanted to go to the emergency room, but Aimee talked me out of it after looking it up on the internet (unlike me, she stayed calm and rational). It's not actually that serious, so we decided to go first thing in the morning. We did a few warm compresses on it and went to bed.

I wake up to all the lights on and Aimee rushing about and Callie whining. I'm so tired and out of it, I have no idea what is going on and it's hard for me to think or concentrate. Her anal gland ruptured in the middle of the night and it was bleeding all over the sheets. :(

Panic sets in and I kept saying, "Well lets go to the vet now, now now!" Aimee replies, "Uhh, it's 4:00am." I was like... wtf, I though it was morning time (that's how out of it I was).

Again, Aimee didn't panic and looked it up on the internet. It's not fatal and it wasn't bleeding that badly, so we put a compress on it and went to bed again.

Next morning we go to the vet and get her all stitched up. Ten days later she's as good as new!

I hate stuff like this. It scares me so much. I can't imagine life without them.

1 comment:

Badger said...

No kidding man. Our dogs are family members!