Thursday, October 30, 2008

Annette and Jan's Sopapillas

skitched-20081030-200046.jpg

This isn't a picture of the actual recipe below.

I don't know who Annette and Jan are. They are friends of my coworker who gave me this recipe... :)

Ingredients

  • 2 cans crescent rolls (not jumbo)
  • 1.5 cups sugar
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 stick of butter

Procedure

  1. Put first can of rolls on baking dish. Make sure perforations are closed.
  2. Mix 1 cup of sugar with vanilla and cream cheese. Spread over rolls.
  3. Open second can of rolls and put on top the ones that have cream cheese on them, sealing the perforations.
  4. Melt butter and pour on top.
  5. Mix remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over the sopapillas.
  6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Nutritional Info

Oye vé... I'm not even going to bother! Ok, ok... I'm neurotic. 4 g protein, 50 g carbs (almost all sugar), 28 g fat, 457 calories... for a single serving (recipe makes eight).

Notes

I haven't actually tried these yet, but my coworker assures me that they are awesome.

No comments: