Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SciVation Whey (vanilla)

IMG_0089.jpg

A while ago, I asked the SciVation owner/president for a sample their whey protein via email. He promptly answered and asked for a shipping address. I never received the samples. I'm a little miffed about that, but I bought some SciVation products anyway. I'm pretty sure it was just an honest mistake. SciVation is extremely active on the bodybuilding.com forums and has a fantastic reputation for customer service.

I used Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey before and was very happy with it. There are 2 reasons why I decided to try out SciVation's whey.

  • Price. It's cheap as hell.
  • The company seems very promising with a focus on customer service, lab tested products, and being owned and run by bodybuilders (who obviously use the products).

It's good stuff. It has the thickness and consistency of EAS Myoplex (it's much thicker than ON 100% Whey), but without the chalky taste. Now granted, I put my whey in fruit smoothies but still, I can tell it tastes good. I mean, I put all my whey in my smoothies and it's like this: nothing can mask the nasty chalky flavor of Myoplex Lite, ON 100% Whey more or less doesn't affect the smoothie at all, SciVation Whey makes the smoothie thick and has a bit more vanilla flavor.

The macro ratios are good. 22 g of protein, 1 g of carbs (sugar), 1 g of fat. I just wish whey protein isolate was listed first in the ingredients (whey protein concentrate is instead)... just for mental peace of mind.

I would definitely buy this product again.