Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Protein Smoothie

protein_smoothie.jpg

This is what I'm drinking these days. It's a refinement of my all natural smoothie with more protein. It's delicious. It tastes more indulgent than healthy.

Ingredients

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 4 oz lite vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tbsp all natural almond butter
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 3-4 ice cubes
  • 4-6 oz water

Procedure

  1. Blend until smooth.

Nutritional Info

protein carbs fat calories
totals 34.0 46.0 9.5 385
banana 1.5 31.0 0.5 120
yogurt 5.0 10.0 0.0 60
almond butter 3.5 3.0 8.0 95
protein powder 24.0 2.0 1.0 110

Notes

I use Dannon Lite & Fit for the yogurt. It doesn't have high fructose corn syrup and has little sugar in general. Also, they come in nice 4 oz containers.

I mostly use ON (Optimum Nutrition) 100% Whey French Vanilla Creme for the protein powder, but other flavors work well also.

Sometimes instead of using a full frozen banana, I use half and mix in some other kind of fruit. Half a frozen peach works well.

I drink this first thing in the morning and after workouts because of the high amount of simple carbohydrates.

No comments: