Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Dark Knight

Dark_Knight.jpg

I'm a Christian Bale fan. I like Batman. Take that for what it's worth while I bash this movie...

The movie basically treats the audience like idiots... and for good reason, the majority of the population is uneducated and just plain dumb (with respect to IQ). They need the underlying themes and messages repeatedly bashed into their skull before they "get it" and when they do, they feel like they've discovered something so deep and meaningful that they rave about what a spectacular, breakthrough and though provoking movie this is.

I'll admit, the characters were good and the acting was wonderful, but it was (in my opinion) completely undermined by being force fed the obvious themes and terrible action sequences.

Yes, that's right. I think the action is god awful... even worse than the movie holding our hands to get the super deep and complex themes (sarcasm). Again, treating the audience like idiots, we are inundated with feats of magic and stupidity as Batman defies physics by appearing behind enemies (unbeknownst to them) in fully lit rooms with dozens of people present, or as groups of bad guys armed with guns watch Batman beat up their friend while they wait their turn.

Ironically maybe, I found the "cellphone sonar" to be the most plausible piece of fictional technology that I've seen in a while.

All in all, I think it's a good movie, I would definitely recommend it. I just don't think it deserves the ridiculous amounts of praise it's getting, nor the number one spot on IMDB.

No comments: