Friday, October 3, 2008

Reached my goal 2 weeks early...

IMG_0070.jpg

Two and a half months ago, I read Tom Venuto's book and gave myself a goal of 10% body fat in 90 days. I estimate that when I started, I was at 15% or higher. One month in, I was measured at 13.5%. Two and half months in, I was measured at 9.3%! The best I have ever done previously is 14.5%, and that was in college while taking some questionable "supplements".

This comes as kind of a shock to me. I don't feel that lean. I definitely don't think I look that lean. In fact, I've been doubling up my exercise on the weekends out of fear of missing my goal. I'm so skeptical, that I'm going to have another test done in a week.

The strange thing is... I hope it's wrong. Why? I don't like my mid section, and I'm hoping that I'm not genetically predisposed to not having abs, despite low bf%. Ryon (my favorite trainer at Pure Austin) says I just need to build some abs using heavy weights. I hope that's the case, because my stomach still seems flabby to me... especially when I'm sitting down.

Well, assuming that it's right and I'm really sub 10%, I look forward to writing my next post about how I did it and the key points that I learned from Tom Venuto and his book.

Btw, Tom is a natrual bodybuilder and is more or less my fitness idol. You really should subscribe to his blog. He's very well spoken (and written), extremely thorough, rational, logical, consistent, but at the same time, very down to earth and relatable. He's great.

1 comment:

Stephen Zabel said...

Congratulations Chris :)

That is a train I need to get back on.