Monday, October 13, 2008

ALLMAX Nutrition Product Samples

allmax_care_package-1.jpg

I'm looking for a Syntax Nectar substitute because apparently Syntrax is an evil company. I asked an ALLMAX representative for a sample of IsoKool, which he obliged and then some (check out the picture of all that he sent)!

Here are my thoughts on the products.

IsoFlex Bar - Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge

Yum... this thing tastes great! Kind of reminds of a Charleston Chew, but not as chewy. I give it a 4/5 on flavor, I most definitely enjoyed eating it.

When it comes to bars though, I'm very skeptical that any are good for you. Weighing in at 330 calories, this is definitely a meal replacement (very close in macros to my daily Muscle Milk shake). It has a nice amount of protein at 31 g, the first ingredient being whey isolate, which is good. It has 12 g of fat (6 saturated) just like Muscle Milk. Then it has 26 g of carbs, 21 of which are sugar alcohols. I don't know how I feel about sugar alcohols.

IsoFlex - Peanut Butter Chocolate

They sent me two packets of this stuff. I made a smoothie with the first one out of a whole banana, 2 spoons of vanilla yogurt, ice and water. The second time around, I used only half a banana and more ice.

Wow! This stuff is delicious! You can really taste the peanut butter and it tastes great. I usually put a tablespoon of almond butter in my smoothies, but with this stuff there is absolutely no need (unless it's for the calories). I generally like ON 100% Whey, but this definitely tastes better than any of the ON chocolate flavors.

Now for the downside... it's 1.5 times more expensive than ON 100% Whey... $35 for 2 lbs... ouch. Guess that's the price to pay for 97% whey isolate.

IsoKool - Green Apple

Great taste, but it's hard to mix. It clumps up and gets all gooey on the spoon. Oh well, that's more or less expected with this type of protein powder. The taste is right up my alley though, and I was just about to buy some when I saw the price... $35 for 2 lbs. Ugh!

Hmm, I just checked and Nectar is $29. I don't remember it being that expensive, but granted I was buying that stuff a few years ago. So I guess $6 more for the IsoKool isn't that bad.

I'm going to buy this. I remember not liking Nectar's apple flavor, but this stuff is pretty good. For the record, Nector's Fuzzel Navel flavor is good... tastes like orange juice.

IsoKool - Lemon Ice Tea

I'm not going to review this tonight because I'm pretty set on the Green Apple flavor. If this flavor turns out to be the bomb, I'll edit this post later.

IsoKool - Tropical Fruit

This flavor doesn't interest me at all, but same goes for it (as the Lemon Ice Tea).

Conclusion

I'm pretty impressed with the sample products they gave me. I will definitely buy the IsoKool Green Apple, but I was in the market for that type of protein anyway.

What's really impressive is that I'm a hair away from buying the IsoFlex Peanut Butter Chocolate, even though I think it's quite a bit out of my price range and I had no prior intention of switching brands for this type of protein. I just really liked the taste, which surprised me given its nutritional profile.

I also think it's really cool that ALLMAX sent me all this stuff just for asking. Seems like the company is on the right track when it comes to customer service.

P.S. The tee shirt is too big but I'm definitely going to use that condom tonight!

No comments: